A righteous man has regard for the life of his pet. Proverbs 12:10

Veterinary Clinic,

Call now 905-669-9758


Serving the community for over 37 years





What is Toxic?

1. What should I make sure my pet does not get into when outdoors?


 Avoid garbage, unknown plants, bones, rocks, dirt, and feces (poop). Make sure your pet does not eat: azaleas, tulips, daffodils, amaryllises, Iris, ivy, mistletoe, mushrooms, nightshade, Japanese yew, stinging nettle, lily of the valley and the hulls of walnuts.


2. What kind of plants should I avoid having in my home with my pet?


 Do not put these plants in your home: Philodendron, poinsettia, cactus, cyclamen, hydrangea, lilies, aloe, ivy and the calla lily.


3. Is chocolate okay for my pet?


 Chocolate is poisonous. It contains theobromine, which is a natural stimulant. It causes increased urination and affects how muscles function including the heart. Within a few hours of ingestion, symptoms include vomiting, diarrhea and hyperactivity. As toxicity levels increase over time your pets heart rate increases, muscles twitch more, they are restless, urination increases and they pant. If they are not treated they can have seizures, hypothermia, muscle tremors, coma and even death.